Some old and some new modern healing artworks, I have added to my Gallery profiles, Absolute Arts.com , SaatchiArt.com, and my website.
Modern art is the need for new homes as the decor follows contemporary designs, zen style, and many also opt for minimalist designs and cuts in contemporary decor for home or office. Visited the IAF, Indian Art Festival, Nehru Centre which was on November 28th 29th and 30th 2014. Great show!
It is strange that people choose art according to decor and many artist get offended with this but actually if we follow the energy cycle, according to feng shui it is an important point that when you select art it has to go along or contrast with the decor.
Art is a new energy that you put up in your space and it thus heals / affects you, whatever the image you have hung.
It is a good choice to buy wall art keeping in mind your home and office decor. Though interior designers are taking efforts to blend traditional with modern decor art must not clash with the energy of your decor , as it will feel out of place and thus affect the feng shui of your home or office.
Wrong type of paintings can adversely affect your space and energy-
1) They will be like a sore thumb against the modern decor. Contemporary decor and furniture have focus on simplicity, straight lines and may not go very well with traditional Figurative and detailed artworks. I saw a great artist doing metal wire sculpture, great way to bring art into your modern home. Only the wires make beautiful customized shapes and they are hung against the wall of your choice of color. Then there were artist who made collages, buttons art, bindi(forehead dot) art, absolute creativity!modern art. I usually never visit exhibitions, this was on special invite by an artist friend.
|Happy Purification, modern symbolic abstract painting by Rizwana A.Mundewadi|
3) Feng shui colors, shapes and symbolism, if hung wrongly can adversely affect the energy of your space. Fame area when has images of water flowing will burn out the desire to work, may result in job instability, losses in finances and bad name , reputation however hard you work. Then also if there is large water images placed in health sector which actually benefits from element plants, the plants suck up water, thus again this will drain health energy, family relationships and also finances. I can go on and on about feng shui!
4) Over the years we have been seeing the same landscapes, the same images in art, don't you think we all need a change! Opinions vary, no hard feelings for any genre of art or artists! Modern art has been made keeping in mind the trends, color styles, and themes going around the interior decoration for the year.
5) Modern art has the scope of bright colors and bold artworks. They blend well with your modern decor as well as dress up your wall beautifully. What more you can choose art that can compliment your decor or highlight it as you wish, and get a modern painting in the colors you love or go along with your contemporary decor.
6) Modern artworks if chosen in particular colors can make your space appear larger or smaller, yes this follows the color principles of warm colors come forward and cool colors go backwards. So modern art can be used to judiciously increase feelings of space.
7) Modern contemporary art, the first impression among lay people is they are large canvasses with some lines, or maybe geometric shapes, or large canvasses filled with light colors! Find out about the artist, this will help, the color theory, the psychology of color and the famous artists , like Picasso and Rothko who did modern spiritual artworks and till date are loved and blend well with our modern decor. So choosing modern art from artists it helps to find out more about the artist and thus understand their modern art.
Whatever you choose, buy happy art, bright colors, soothing colors, dark and dull paintings do not provide any energy to your walls and to your life, they just take up wall space!
To get your modern art feng shui analyzed and understand its energy symbolism, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org
All the Best from Rizwana!