Golden rules of art collectors for the new young art collectors for storing paintings-
1) Very important , buy cheap, means hunt for new talent, new artists , also you can bargain and get great deals on buying more paintings , new emerging artists works so that you can get a good number of paintings in your budget ranges. Here the advantage of storing paintings would be that most of the works are either ten or more years old and not more than that so the paintings are varnished and in very good condition, no need to spend money on restoration work or preserving of paintings.
2) Never store your paintings in areas where there is too much sunlight exposure. This is harmful for your precious possessions, your costly paintings collections. Avoid keeping stored paintings near air conditioner vents, windows and doors for harmful environmental exposure in from of blast of wind, sunlight, rains etc.
3) Cover your prized oil and acrylic paintings collections with soft muslin cloth when not hanged on walls. Any soft cloth that will not damage the texture in your paintings.
4) In case of framed paintings in glass, collages and other types of artworks very important to pack them carefully in wooden boxes or some containers to protect them from harm. Label them, handle with care and which side up to open the next time someone gets back to them.
5) Keep your prized costly paintings safe, in safety lock , as many works of famous artist are worth a fortune and many art collections value with art collectors goes in many millions of $. Good locks and safety security measures for your art collections. Many have regulated temperature rooms for storing prized costly paintings from their art collections.
6) Insure the art collection, especially costly artworks of famous artists, from a reputed insurance company, it is better to be safe than sorry, for unexpected crises and unnatural disasters.
7) Once in a while clean up all your paintings by keeping them in good condition. In case any painting needs restoration or repair do it promptly as the damage sometimes to your precious paintings when delayed becomes irreparable and also costs a lot from a reputed restoration artist.
Finally do show off your prized collections once in a while, we all know the glint in the eyes of any art collector when they talk of their art collections and prized possessions. Have a show for private guests, art galleries and art shows, and also keep rotating hanging new art in your homes and offices so that your paintings also get to do the most important thing, breathe!
|The Pink Triangle A Symbolic Spiritual Cubism Painting on canvas , Size 24.5x35 Inches, Year 2013, price $ 5001|
While on this spiritual journey, the red pilgrim, as I continue to paint ...
I wish to make simple colorful understandable art, art that heals.