Search

Translate Read in Your Language

8/27/2010

Death of an Artist!!!!! why so many artists leave the path halfway?

Death of an artist! yes, not actually but each day so many thousands of artists die off.. leaving halfway their career, giving up on their talents and taking a more financially successful career. I am always loving my majestic solitude, converting my limitations to my benefits, working alone and enjoying painting. I like to be left alone with my paints and canvas, playing with colours they take me into an absolutely amazing world,  ..smelling them (though I get frequent headaches and fever due to the fumes emitted by oil paints!) i love to paint. over a decade and still going strong . No support whatso ever ..still going strong.
Till when i do not know...many time feel lost as I think ...where will this lead me. I am not very social person and do not like the limelight. But this world has a different take. The person in limelight is a good artist and works demand a good price. When I try my hand and selling my works I feel losing my creativity, how can I sell a part of me! every painting is a special one..so many efforts..so much involvement..such a long journey..and one work is created.
WHY DID I BECOME AN ARTIST? WHY DID GOD GIVE ME THIS TALENT? no answer. There is so much hidden within, which needs to come out, overflowing energies and art ideas, 
I feel like giving up and try to lead a normal life but I can't. Stuck up with tons of talent and urge to make art, I feel dead inside, empty, without my art!
After a decade still want to paint. get so many ideas...my brain is bombarded with ideas.. where is the energy to balance it and the resources! stacks of papers. pencil works , artworks .. have to stop and start moving these works.
Feng shui and Reiki both indicate that I have to move the earlier works to make place for the new. Not get attached to them and accept to part with them. Attachments are trouble.. I have to be free. I tear many artworks and repaint so many. there is a sort of inner struggle which no one outside sees or notices. 
Struggling with the past and the present sometimes I feel the artist within is dying a slow death. Maybe I may become normal and lead a normal life...just forget about art! Hussains and Razas are there no to keep costly art to the world!
Then again I get up, assembling whatever resources and start making art. There are so manty colours, techniques, each brings so much happiness, like the Eureka moments! I have not sold any art but I guess this is a personal journey, an inner urge that needs to be spread out. Hence doing my bit and continuing with my talents making smaller artworks that are easy to store and maybe sell at any time later on if the Universe blesses. 






Thousands of artists start with lots of dreams and hopes and come to earn lots of fame and money in the painting career. professionally this is a very high paying career that has fame in the game. That is many die without selling any art, many leave the career and take another paying one,. many also stop the creativity flow and thus have artists block and stop making art. So many start investing so much, for costly art materials, painting very large canvasses, holding exhibitions everywhere and then are disappointed if their art does not sell. At such times it is easy to fall in the trap of questioning that your art is not good, or you need to make good art, it is not actually about your talents or your art, trust me on that. it is about the brand name of artists that sells their art! Of course that happens with years and years , decades and decades of consistently making art for the art buyers collectors world. Take a pause if you feel tired but do not give up on your talents. 
Making art is a service to mankind and mother earth. You already are famous when you make something that was not there before you. You must learn to accept and celebrate the artist in you whatever your conditions. 












I would say don't come in for money only. I think it is those who just paint few artworks and want to sell them that fail in this. Also those that cling to others to support them, encourage them and buy their art pitying their financial conditions are also who will leave the ground in few years. 
It is a pity so many deaths' or artists talents happen and the world even doesn't know. Van Gogh it seems didn't sell any art he made except for one or two at time of his death. And today the world has fan following with his art prized at millions of dollars collectors artworks. yet he continued to make art. 
It is important to get financial remuneration so do not sell your original art for cheap and never give art for free. It will never be valued. If you are an artists reading this post, choose another job that brings a paycheck every month and keep time for art as soul food. This takes time and if you continue it will bring out magical master pieces from you .. but for that you have to be on the dancing floor...when opportunity knocks! keep painting! 
For my artist expressions I also have passionately made many hundreds of digital artworks. this helps when I have saved limited money to buy art materials. I don't know why, but I continue with tons of passion and energy making art. Each paper painting, shapes, squares, tiny ones too, however small it is gives me immense joy. 
Make art for the Joy of it! and not for commercial purposes,  it will sell! Making art since year 2000, I paint cubism abstracts and spiritual symbolic paintings that inspire . 
All the Best from Rizwana!
Buy my cubism paintings at www.razarts.com

4 comments:

  1. recognition of a true artist, feel sad when sell her artwork

    ReplyDelete
  2. Today March 30 2012, I have come in action mode in this year! arranged all my artworks, counted and stacked them in order. Feels great to have cleared the clutter and organised
    will have to sell and hope that my paintings get a new home.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today August 3, 2016, Life is Awesome, sold few paintings Internationally as well as on home ground!Collection has gone to thousands , this year also burnt some old paintings, free space, fresh creativity, more confidence!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Today August 3, 2016, Life is Awesome, sold few paintings Internationally as well as on home ground!Collection has gone to thousands , this year also burnt some old paintings, free space, fresh creativity, more confidence!

    ReplyDelete

Ask, Inquire, Question, Clarify Doubts, Share about The Hidden Power of Symbols in Art on Rizwana's Razarts Blog!

Featured Post on Razarts

Powerful Karuna Reiki symbol Mara benefits you did not know! Clean your room! Experience live negativity clearing reiki video

Karuna Reiki is all about heart emotion compassion self acceptance, healing, today sharing a powerful use of the symbol Mara or Rama which y...